Thursday, January 21, 2010

Honey Baked Lentils

Josephine and I have been snowed in for a few days. The best thing to do on a cold day, I've found, is cook something warm and fragrant. This recipe hits the spot. This is the first time I've made it and I found it delightfully sweet and hearty. This is based on a recipe from the happyfoodie blog. Here's how I made it;

Preheat oven to 350. Throw all ingredients into a pot.
1 cup of lentils
2 cups of water
1 tbsp of oil
2 tbsp of honey (put the honey in your tablespoon right after the oil and it's slip right out)
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 clove of garlic
1 onion
couple of carrots

(I think this would be great with any winter veggies that you have on hand. I would add more next time a make it.)
Cook, covered, until tender about 90 minutes! That's it- enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment